The next Parents and Family Members course is a 2 day course and will take place on the Saturdays 9th and 23rd March 2019.
Next Course – 9th March 2019 and 23rd March 2019
Fee: £150.00, including all materials.
The sessions start at 10.00 am and run through to 3.30 pm at the Centre.
This course seeks to achieve the following:
- To give an insight into the dyslexic child’s learning difficulty
- To provide ideas and strategies to help develop reading, spelling and maths skills and improve self-esteem
Please note: this course may be more suitable for parents of primary and early secondary pupils
- What is dyslexia?
- Understanding Phonics
- Spelling and reading strategies
- Maths and the dyslexic learner
- Help with homework
- Negotiating with the school / understanding assessment reports
- Motivation and self-esteem
- Games to play
- Parental support network
All Centre tutors are fully qualified and experienced dyslexia specialists.
Coffee and scones provided during the morning session.
Bring a packed lunch – tea and coffee provided.
Course fee: £150 including materials
Information and booking sheets: